Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Updates

If you haven't known it yet from my facebook updates, I've gotten a girlfriend, which would explain why I am always busy these days and almost never online. That is, if you count online only every other day as "almost never online"; relative to how I was really always online back in the old days, I think that's a fair exaggeration.

I didn't even game much these days. Of the past week, I think I gamed a grand total of 2.5 hours. Over the past month, probably only 3hrs. Luckily, instead of neglecting my work, I actually worked more: from 0 hour a day to 1-2hours a day. But that might just be due to stress from the approaching deadline.

I organized a philosophy introductory series for the year ones some time back. I gave the first talk, and it went rather well, in terms of the turn out and the reception of the talk. The philosophy society helped me do the advertising, so I have them to thank for it.

The second talk however, I did the "advertising" myself, which just involves pasting two posters at the department and nothing else. Worse still, the initial timing for the talk was changed 3 times, owing to unforeseen clashes with other classes (i.e. due to super bad planning on my part), and the final one still clashed with a logic module. As expected, the turn out was extremely bad: none showed up.

I owe an apology to weng hong for agreeing to give a talk but giving him no audience. Sorry!

No comments: