Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Destiny

Only recently my mum broke some bad news to me. Or rather, some bad news for me, which may in all probability be good news for you, them, or the entire mankind.

Well, the story is that when I was still very young, my mum consulted a fortune teller about our futures (me and my sis). What the fortune teller said is something like this: I would have romance when I am age 24.

But the problem now is, as some of you would not notice, is that these fortune tellers go by the lunar calender, and we are in reality, all 1 year older than what our NRIC claim us to be. So I am already 25 years old by chinese reckoning. That means that my age for romance has past!

That wouldnt be so bad if it werent for a television show I watched when I was very young again (witness the corrupting influence of TV on young minds): the show's entire theme was explicitly that if you missed your yin yuan, then you are destined to lead the rest of your life alone!

Its like a window, a one shot chance at getting someone to accompany you for the rest of your life; once you missed that chance, you are going to be stuck on that train which goes chute-chute away without ever stopping again.

Woe be me!

On the other hand, not that I really believe all these stuff anyway. But they are quite fun to talk about.

No comments: