Thursday, April 06, 2006

Unicorn

Just finished my essay which is due on 6th apr, 12midnight.... braindead now. Chanced upon a short story while doing research on the paper, had no idea what relevance the story have to anything at all... but I'll just transpose it here, since its funny.

A man finds a unicorn browsing among the tulips in his garden. He informs his wife, who, remarking with scorn that the unicorn is a mythical beast, summons the police and a psychiatrist, to have him certified. She tells them what he said and they asked him to confirm it. 'Of course not,' he replies, 'the unicorn is a mythical beast.' So they shut her up in an institution and the man lives happily ever after.

This story was taken from Martin Hollis' article "The social destruction of reality", who in turn took it from James Thurber's Fables for Our Time.

Dont ask me what the moral of the story is... I didnt bother to read. Its not important. I just thought it interesting.

No comments: