Sunday, December 24, 2006

My idea of a perfect Christmas Eve

Its the whole empty house all to myself, where the rest of my family went off to church after unsuccessfully badgering me for a few weeks to go. Naturally, I expect a few days of cold war again, as is always the case. Fits with the season I guess. Cold. Get it?

So yea, I figured I should take a break from my applications (oh those accursed forms!) and actually read a book or something. Pretty ambitious plans for a day I must say, except for one thing: I've read all my books thrice over and more, and I simply cant bear to read them again today, and definitely not the academic ones. So I jaunt off to the library after making sure that they have the book I wanted in the shelves by checking online, planning to spend the rest of the day finishing the novel.

Except that they dont have it, even though it says Not-on-Loan in the library catalog. Neat. So I came back home, and watched some dvds alone. I mean, with my headache which decided to pop in and say hi after a week's absence.

Seriously, with the empty house playing my typing sounds back at me, and the thoughts that I have trillions of things left undone, plans for the future, worries about the opposite sex, I think I'm cool. Fits in with the season again.

And I have absolutely no idea what to do. I mean short term wise, for the day. I cant play games on this computer, since its not mine, and I cant do work today, cos I dont feel like doing it. No books to read, no one to talk to, nothing to do.

It's times like this when you really feel you need a girlfriend --so you wouldnt be coped up at home reading my blog complaining about how lousy I feel. Sorry, perfect*. How perfect I feel.

No comments: