Friday, December 01, 2006

Help

Latest update: problem gone away already, inexplicably. Hopefully it doesnt come back inexplicably again. thanks all who helped, and thanks all who missed me. Miss "anonymous" didnt get my thanks then. hahaaa.

I cant login to Windows Live Messenger, windows messenger, or msn web messenger! I keep getting this

error code: 80048820
extended error code: 80048439

Initially when I tried to troubleshoot, it diagnosed my computer as having some problems with the key ports (which I dont know what the heck that is) After 50tries, it no longer diagnose it with that problem anymore. BUT still cant connect! (I think it just got fed up with me so it stopped showing the error)

The thing is, its definitely not my connection problem since I can access web pages like how I am blogging now. It might be my connection settings though, and I have no idea how to fix it. help. I tried system restore to no avail.

Of course, it may be that MSN is simply down. I highly doubt that but I have no way of checking. On random, I decided to sms like 5friends on their msn status: one doesnt use msn, two are not at home, one decided not to login at all, and the last one didnt reply. =_=""

So help. Anyone. Short of suggesting that I reinstall windows or formatting my harddisk, I will readily take your suggestions.

If no one can help me here, then I wouldnt be able to login to msn for quite some time already. For some that may be good news though.

p.s. It would probably not be a good idea to wait for me to login to msn, then tell me your solution.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

have u tried the suggestions on the net? is ur clock time correct? if u are desperate, you can always use webmessenger.msn.com.

Anonymous said...

hhmm....
can remove the whole program, download and reinstall again??

Anonymous said...

tried all that. i can login msn now, but still have a host of connection problems. like I cant login blogger, and msn takes like a few tries to login... thanks though

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. cant long in then dun log in le la.. nobody cares if u sign in or not lor.. bleah..

Anonymous said...

Number of possible things that might be the reason:
1) your connection is screwed up because of spyware and cookies...try clearing your cache and download a free anti bug software to scan your comp...
2)possible mild virus that might worsen as time progresses....do a scan again.
3)browser..maybe some of your files are corrupt or something for god knows what reason..try using firefox as a browser..and compare whether its the explorer browser that's the prob.
4)since msn is screwed up for the time being use third party software like Trillian for your needs. :P

idarhl said...

thanks for the suggestions yf ^^. I tried 1 and 3 before, lazy to do a full virus scan, and was considering using trillian. But woot, some other steps that I took (I dunno which) solved the problem. Now i can login already. Maybe its changing the MTU value that did the trick, but who cares.

Thanks all again!