Saturday, September 02, 2006

complaining

I've decided not to blog about how absurd life is anymore. For one, if Life is absurd, then anything we do in Life is absurd, including trying to prove that Life is absurd. Hence it was a meaningless exercise after all to blog about it. I dont really have any good arguments for it anyway, it just arose from a gut feeling in me that life is absurd. Besides, blogging about this is boring.

So there... no more such posts.

So I shall blog about other stuff then. For 3years, i have been holding this in, but now i no longer can. Yes, I am going to complain about my classmates, whom I have finally gotten extremely pissed off with.

Not anyone in particular though, just talking about generally what types of classmates piss me off.

Number 1 on my list: interrupters. We have a certain kind of people who like philosophy, and that usually include people who like to argue. Unfortunately, some people obviously think that the license to argue (which they dont have) gives them the license to interrupt the professors and the people they are arguing with.

And sometimes, they pause a while after interrupting, signifying an end of turn, and the professors spoke to answer, but they just snatch the floor back by talking over the professors after they formulated what they were going to say.

Its not that I have a grudge against them, since they never interrupted me (I didnt speak as much as you might think), but I just thought it rude of them to do so.

Number 2 on my list: People with fake accents. Philosophy, the field of debate proper. Obviously you need to have a good command of spoken english to debate properly (which I dont). But some people think they do, and they fake accent to do that. You can tell that its fake when they accentuated certain words at regular intervals in their speech, and when they used the same words again, it might not be accentuated at all, as though they forgot they have to "accent" it. I'd say, if you think your english doesnt sound nice, please dont speak, instead of trying to act angmoh.

Number 3 on my list: Well.. this is quite specific towards some guy, so its not as I said earlier on about not targetting anyone in particular. This guy grunts all the time. Not just unintentionally, like he might have some uncontrollable condition to grunt. He grunts in assent to everything the professors said. Every sentence. "mm mm."

And if he posed a question, and the professors are replying to his questions, he grunts even louder. To every sentence. You can drive a man crazy by grunting so much. Imagine how many sentences can be spoken in a minute. Around 40sentences. Imagine how many that is in a 3hours seminar. Especially when you have to sit next to him. I almost bit my tongue to commit suicide then and there.

Well, I am done ranting. Its no coincidence that none of my classmates have my blog adddress, so I am safe here. lol.

No comments: