Tuesday, March 14, 2006

birds

Mary Oliver called one of their cousins "chinese philosophers", and upon chancing them in school today, I find that namesake pretty cute and apt.

They are the little stork-like white birds that are always standing around in NUS, what are they called? Egrets? Or storks? I dont know, but anyway it doesnt matter. One of them was standing on the pavement, head high, body erect, wings folded on his back, legs spread apart. Really look like one of the chinese philosophers we always see in drawings! hahaa..

I wonder what they do all day long: maybe they just fly around, find a place to land and wander about, looking for food and water, strutting about green shades and overlooking small rises.

I wouldnt mind being one of them... but for 2 reasons: 1. Humans have longer lifespans. 2. The girl I like happens to be a human, I think.

Though it must be said, the pull of being a birdbrain is still pretty strong.

No comments: