Saturday, March 11, 2006

Romanticism

A couple of people has asked me from time to time: don't I feel weird to be writing about my feelings and personal affairs in my blog?

They feel embarrassed for me, or maybe embarrassed of me. Like an exhibitionist in words. But a romantic soul is not an exhibitionist.

And before you conjure up in your mind dim lightings, hazy fog and candlelight dinners in connection with the word "romantic", let me tell you what it really means to be romantic.

The romantic movement started off in the late 18th century Europe, celebrating the simplicity of love, and not only interpersonal love, but also love for nature, love for simple things.

Above all, it places an importance in self-expression, the frank communication of feelings, the unbridled, and proud celebration of emotions, be it good or bad.

We are humans, full of emotions that we should be proud of. When you are comfortable with yourself, you are comfortable with having all these myriads of feelings that succeed one another continuously in an endless flux.

I am who I am, and I don't pretend to be not. Love what you love, no apologies.

Be true to yourself and your feelings.

1 comment:

fiefie said...

yeah! i agree!!!!

i is die-hard romantic no. 2 :D
(since you gotta be die-hard romantic no. 1 lol!)