Sunday, March 26, 2006

Travelling

You know, I have always wanted to be a journalist. (some people know this)

Some people also know what my main ambition is, but I am not stating it here for fear of being seen as overly-ambitious/bu zhi liang li (damn, i cant seem to find the english equivalent of this phrase, anyone?)

But the reason why I wanted to be a journalist is not because I love to write; writing is only to facilitate the job. The real reason is: I want to travel! I want to experience so many things, and see so many different places! I want to see how other cultures/other people lead their lives, their philosophies, their attitudes, their expressions, their languages, their body languages, their beliefs! I want to see the natural wonders in the world! The untainted works of nature, the possibility of previously undiscovered sights!

I dont want to lead my life out on this tiny island, milling about my own tiny realm and sphere of beliefs. I want to know more! I want to expand my ways of thinking, jump out of my constrained space of concepts!

The world is like a treasure trove! It is a playground!

1 comment:

kx said...

glad to see another travel bug.